Why other Website get Higher Rankings in Google
In this article you will learn why other site that was not optimized outranks a site that was optimized. There are many factors to consider especially when you want your web page to get Google Page Rankings. This video will explain to you why other non-optimized site still ranks.
How would a non-optimized site outrank a site which has done SEO?
Question from a webmaster from Polyana in São Paulo, Brasil
When analyzing rankings for highly competitive keywords in our industry, we have found sites not as optimized as ours is (on-page), that have few links & little content are still ahead of us. What gives? Why are ‘unoptimized’ sites ranking so well?”
Matt Cutts emphasizes these things:
- Google Page Rank Factors:
- On-page content – It is true that when a student who doesn’t know more on optimization but still provides very useful insight to their school. That could get good rankings.
- Off domain links
- Backlinks – Google does not show all of the backlinks to your competitors.
- There might be high rate page ranks site that points to other page which allows website to rank.
- Google would give authority to websites with great content. Content will always attract visitors when they find it interesting and knowledgeable.
There are many factors that can be considered but these are some points that can help you.
Google tries to look at on-page content as well as off domain links and it doesn’t mean that those who have done optimization are automatically better than those who haven’t. It does not literally imply that if a site does not get every single thing optimized then that is not a good resource anymore. If the site is good they should show up in search results, this is the basic philosophy of Google.