How to Optimize (SEO) Japanese Websites
There are many websites that are being developed at this time. Much of them are starting to adapt the online industry as a powerful tool to share information about their product and services, communicate with clients, easily help people with their needs and let them buy what they want through the technology.
Now because of these innovations for business and trend, many website developers are concerned with local websites that offer one specific language like Japanese. Optimizing a pure Japanese website would really be different to a normal website that uses English language. Perhaps it is a challenge for those who don’t really know how to recognize Japanese characters but our team is very thankful to Google Translator which had helped us in the process of optimizing a Japanese Website. We’re thankful for some of our staff that knows how to read, write and speak Japanese characters which indeed had helped us to successfully optimized a Japanese website.
One example that we have optimized is the website of Face Mug which indeed a Japanese website where people in Japan can go and order their own mug. In their website you can also do some customization so that you can be able to print the faces of your group, team or family in the mug. I think this is a customary in Japan that while taking a coffee or tea and viewing those people imprinted into the mug would mean a lot to the Japanese.
These are some of the basic optimizations to do for a Japanese Website:
- Keyword research and Branding awareness. Make sure that your keyword research would help lead some traffic to the website. Be sure to recognized your branding while doing a keyword research.
- Implement those keywords in their Title and Description. If its needed, check if you need to put English and Japanese Characters in the Title and Description. Make sure to put keywords in your meta keywords because other search engines are trying to crawl those keywords.
- Try to check the images and put a proper name through Alt tags.
- Submit the website into the search engines by adding those meta code into the header of the website. You need a webmaster account to do this.
- Make XML file for each pages of the site and submit it to the search engine.
- Make sure to disallow other pages in the website that is not necessary for the search engine to crawl this is done through Robots.txt
- Try to implement some caching system into .htaccess so that the website will load faster when users visit the website.
- Start building a back links to the website. Make sure that all back links is relevant to the website products and services. Make sure not to use any tools that might create some problems in the future. If you’re building back links to Japanese website make sure that there will be someone to assist you.
I know there is a lot more to do to optimize Japanese website but these are the simple steps to follow to start in optimizing a Japanese website.